Integrated Aviation Weather Solution (IAWS)
The Integrated Aviation Weather System, or IAWS, is an innovative aviation weather observation and forecasting solution for airports. The system enables en route hazard warnings to be issued to help ensure pilots and air traffic control officials have the crucial information they need about severe weather to make essential air traffic management and airport operations decisions.
Tailored for terminal and regional aviation weather, IAWS’s high spatial-temporal resolution, integrated observation, and robust model system forecasting will enhance the safety of air traffic management and airport operations.
With accurate and timely aviation weather information that supplies frequent updates, IAWS enhances forecasting productivity and quality, and assists with critical operation decision making to improve aviation safety and fuel economy.
High Performance Solutions for Real-Time Operations
IMSG specializes in real-time environmental information, IAWS is developed to provide the right information at the right time to diverse users to enhance safety in the operational environment.
IAWS is Designed With
- A rapid update cycle of products for varied end users.
- High performance cluster-based computing and efficient data handling for fast display and refresh.
Customized Solutions for Diverse Government Needs
- IAWS can be customized to suit your agency’s needs, ranging from a comprehensive solution to providing certain modules for select information and products.
- IAWS has a range of hosting options from a solution hosted by IMSG’s robust cloud-based computing system to full installation on local government servers.
- IAWS has separate user interfaces for difference users, ranging from meteorological professionals to pilots and air traffic control end users.
- IMSG specializes in customized training solutions, integrating IT, aviation and meteorology expertise.
Aircraft Delays caused by Bad Weather
IAWS includes terminal weather, en-route weather, and collaborative decision making service functions to meet the comprehensive operational needs to safely and efficiently manage the civil aviation air traffic flow from planning to execution.
– Example modules: high resolution airport wind field nowcasting, airport fog, icing.
– Example modules: satellite and model-based winds, clouds, turbulence, icing; satellite and radar hybrid storm motion tracking.
– Example: Real-time overlay of air traffic flow and weather (observations, forecasting scenarios, and impact scenarios) to determine the optimal decision meeting the safety thresholds.