Resource Conservation Specialist
U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service
I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG), www.imsg.com, a Federal Government Contractor will be submitting a proposal for a Resource Conservation Specialist to work at the U.S. Fish and Wildlife Service. This is a temporary position for 1-2 months with the possibility of extension and will become available after the contract is awarded. The work location may be flexible and can be completed from any location.
Review literature from last 5 years, including federal and state wildlife management plans as well as NGO reports, to collect the following information for approximately 60 relative to their status in Idaho, Washington, and Oregon:
- Status (e.g., ESA listed, State priority, focal species in regional mgmt. plan)
- Primary habitat requirements
- Current range
- Recent population trends (increasing, stable, declining)
- Population objectives (past and present)
- Status of monitoring programs and extent of associated monitoring data (past and ongoing collection efforts)
- Summary of major management/restoration activities (recent and current)
- Primary threats (e.g., disease, forestry, urbanization, invasive species)
- Recognized role, if any, as a surrogate species (e.g., umbrella species for a larger set of species, representative species for a particular habitat type, or indicator species for a particular threat or conservation approach.
- B.S. in biology, ecology, or wildlife management or related field and 2 years of experience. Post-graduate degrees may be substituted for years of experience.
- Experience conducting literature reviews for resource conservation projects.
- Ability to quickly review and summarize information
- Highly organized and detail oriented
Please submit your resume and your salary requirements and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to firstname.lastname@example.org with the following subject line: USFWS - Resource Conservation Specialist. Your application will not be considered unless it is sent to the above mentioned email.
IMSG offers an outstanding benefits package including company paid medical benefits and three weeks paid time off. Salary is commensurate with education and work experience.
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran friendly.