Support Scientist – Cloud Impacted Radiance Data Assimilation – Cloudy Infrared
NOAA Environmental Modeling Center (EMC)
College Park, MD
I.M. Systems Group, Inc. (IMSG), www.imsg.com<http://www.imsg.com/>, a Federal Government Contractor is seeking candidates for a Support Scientist to work at NOAA's National Centers for Environmental Prediction’s Environmental Modeling Center (EMC) located in College Park, MD. The candidate will provide science and software engineering support to use cloudy infrared radiances to improve the analysis of temperature, moisture and cloud fields within the GSI data assimilation scheme. This will involve the leveraging of current cloudy radiance assimilation efforts with particular emphasis on developing appropriate observation operators and quality control strategies for the infrared problem.
- This position requires at least an M.S. in atmospheric/oceanic science, meteorology or related field, with background/experience in data assimilation and the use of satellite radiances.
- This position also requires demonstrated competency in working with large computational codes, familiarity with parallel computing (MPI, openMP), and experience in programming (FORTRAN, scripting, workflow management).
- The successful candidate must also possess the capability to work as part of a team performing collaborative research.
- Experience in working with data assimilation codes (GSI in particular).
- Familiarity with the use of satellite radiances.
Please submit your resume, the contact information for three (3) references, your salary requirements and a cover letter explaining how your qualifications meet the requirements of the position to email@example.com<mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org> with the following subject line: Support Scientist: Cloudy Infrared Radiance Assimilation
IMSG offers an outstanding benefits package including company paid medical benefits and three weeks paid time off.
IMSG is an Equal Opportunity Employer and Veteran friendly.